Saturday, August 17, 2013

Melomacarona (Greek Honeyed Biscuits)
and a trip to Greece!


Oh my god, if only you knew how frantic things are around our household right now. I would love to describe the mayhem going on here but I don't have time! We leave in about an hour to get on a plane headed for Greece and I still haven't finished packing!

This is not like me at all but it's been one crazy week with work and getting things organised for the trip. Oh believe me when I tell you I can't wait to be on that plane with a glass of Bailey's in my hand. Yes, daggy old Bailey's, but that's my tradition. Bailey's on ice, on a plane.

So here I am, as promised, with part three of my commitment to write three posts for the blog before leaving for Greece (with an hour to spare!). But I'm sorry to say I'm going to have to leave it there – I have a plane to catch! Oh but you won't be spared of my usual eighteen paragraphs of rambling that easily. During the flight I'll be writing all about these beautiful Melomacarona biscuits that I made for my sister who will be house sitting and looking after our cat while we're away.

For the next four weeks Tony and I will be spending time with family on the Greek island of Limnos, holidaying in Santorini, shopping in Athens, and sightseeing in Singapore, and I can't wait to write about our adventures of this trip. In the past I would blog for my family and friends, but this time I can also share these stories (and of course, recipes!) with my new friends of the blogosphere :). How fantastic is that!

"Yeah I'm just finishing up now, Tony!!" (he just realised what I was doing!).

Must go! But see you back here in a few days time, from LIMNOS! xxx



15 comments:

  1. Enjoy your holidays! If you have time, share with us a few pics of Greece :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daniela! We are here in Greece now and enjoying the lovely weather and beautiful scenery. Rest assured there will be lots of pics posted here in the next few weeks!

      Delete
  2. I love these honey biscuits I am absolutely going to have to make them. Thanks for posting the recipe. Have a lovely holiday in Greece researching all those traditional vegetarian recipes you'll have to post when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just about to post the recipe for these now. Hope you get a chance to try them Elizabeth :) They are exquisitely sweet and must be taken in moderation!

      Delete
  3. Yay, you're on the plane! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank goodness we are now off the plane! It was a lonnngggg flight but we are so glad to be in Limnos now!

      Delete
  4. I love that you're leaving in an hour, you haven't finished packing, but you're posting to your blog--now THAT is dedication! :D I hope you have a wonderful time in Greece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that was pretty crazy of me - Tony almost died on the spot when he saw me blogging at the eleventh hour!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, I hope you're having a wonderful time! You sound just like me with putting off packing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a lovely relaxing time so far, Christy. It's so warm and peaceful here - a welcome contrast to the chaos we were caught up in just before getting on that plane!

      Delete
  6. Delicious looking and sounding! Those cookies must be really addictive.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosa. They are dangerously addictive!

      Delete
  7. Awesome dispatch! I am indeed getting apt to over this info, is truly neighborly my buddy. Likewise fantastic blog here among many of the costly info you acquire. Reserve up the beneficial process you are doing here. 야한동영상

    Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
    야설
    야한동영상

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments and feedback.

To leave a comment, please choose your profile account from the dropdown menu below. If you don't have a profile account, you can use the "Anonymous" option but please remember to sign your name at the end of your comment so I know who you are.

Thanks and hear from you soon!